Tuesday, July 21, 2009

No IFFS no BUTTS.


Guys, its good to be back but let me savor my victory! It may not be as big as England winning the lord’s test. But it isn’t as small as winning a dollar on the scratch lottery either.

Endurance to pain is like elastic. The more you stretch the more you can endure.
I can feel like Flintoff. We both have bruised and battered bodies. And we both endured. But while he felt it in his guts, I can feel it now in my butt. Ah , the feeling of sitting on my favourite chair is pure bliss. I never thought I would relish sitting so much ever.

For two weeks I knew only two positions. Vertical and horizontal.
I had almost started wondering if I will ever sit on a chair again.
It was all standing standing and more standing. And at the end of the day I would simply crash on my bed. There was nothing in between.

I can close my eyes and feel the warm water in the tub massaging my tired limbs. It was heavenly.

There were no Iffs and no Butts.

Against all odds I managed. I am proud.


I did cheat though. I took painkillers sometimes to alleviate the pain.

But I am totally detoxified.

Happy times are like migratory birds. They come to charm and while you are still enjoying those rare moments, they spread their wings and fly to some far off destination to make someone else happy. All that is left are some captured moments.

And herein lies my paradox. I am not a masochist. But I was enjoying all the torture heaped on my body. It left with no time for emotions. I didn’t need a sleeping pill as I got into the military routine. It kind of saddens me that these days are over.

I couldn’t be more wrong. The days are over but the happiness isn’t.

I am looking into my blog after a long time. It delights me to see so many new visitors.

These are no migratory birds. They are equally rare, varied and beautiful though.

They have perched on my blog and are here to stay.

Thanks dear fans! I had almost given up on writing.

But your mails and your visit spurs me on.

I promise to write.

No ifs and no buts.

No comments:

Post a Comment